The Beauty of Bridgeton Photo Contest
The Beauty of Bridgeton Photo Contest Guidelines:
• This contest will be open to all ages and all skill levels.
• If participants are under the age of 18, a legal guardian is required to sign the Entry Form
• Participants are allowed to submit up to 2 photos per seasonal session.
• Submitted photos MUST have an entry form.
• City of Bridgeton Employees & Boards/Commission members are eligible to participate (however they will not be eligible for a prize).
• Photos must be taken at a City of Bridgeton Park (For a list of city parks Click Here)
• Photos must have been taken within the last 2 years.
• Photos need to be high resolution and must submitted in PNG or JPEG format.
• Photographers must submit the original photos at their original size, *keep in mind photos saved from social media are significantly reduced in size and will not be high resolution*.
• Submitted photos may not contain water marks, logos, borders, frames, dates, signatures, or copyright images on the photographs.
• The City of Bridgeton Parks and Recreation Department reserves the right to reject any entry deemed not suitable for consideration (Photos must be family friendly, appropriate with no vulgarity, dangerous, destruction of property, illegal activity, drug use, inappropriate gestures, etc.)
• Photos submitted to the contest become the property of the City of Bridgeton Parks and Recreation Department and can be used in promotional materials, local publications for articles relating to the Bridgeton Parks and Recreation Department and shared on the Department’s social media accounts, without fee or compensation.
How to enter your photos:
• All photos must be emailed to and include your photo entry form.
• If sending more than one photo, please send each photo individually. Please do not embed the photo in the email, photos should be attached to the email and left at original size.
• An ENTRY FORM needs to be completed and emailed with photo(s)
• If a photographer is under the age of 18, a parent or legal guardian is required to sign the Entry Form.
Photo Contest Deadlines:
Winter (Dec-Feb) due by 3/15/23 (extended thru 3/31/23)
Spring (Mar-May) due by 6/15/23
Summer (Jun-Aug) due by 9/15/23
Fall (Sept-Nov) due by 12/15/23
All photos submitted will be reviewed and accepted based on contest guidelines listed. All acceptable photos will be voted on by a panel of staff judges. Photos will be voted on for one week after the deadline for each seasonal session. The photograph judging will be based on the criteria listed below:
• Impact – How the viewer feels when seeing the image for the first time, is there any emotion reciprocated at all? (Happiness, sadness, joy, amazement, wonder etc.)
• Technical Excellence – the photo quality as a whole (the exposure, saturation, brightness, focus etc.)
• Creativity – the originality in which the photo sends a thought, message, or idea.
• Composition – how well the photographer is able arrange any visual elements within their frame.
Winners will be contacted by phone or e-mail and announced on Facebook. All prizes must be picked up at the Bridgeton Recreation Center during regular business hours. Photo ID will be required to pick up your prize. All prizes are non-transferable and cannot be exchanged for a cash value.