Bridgeton Recreation Center (BRC)
The Recreation Center is intended for recreational and leisure enjoyment by all Bridgeton residents regardless of age, gender, ethnic origin or ability. View policies and rules while visiting the center:
- A current parks and recreation identification card is required by all residents 4 years and older for use of the track and game room facilities. The identification card also grants the resident discounted pricing on center admissions and to discounted preferential pricing on programs and services. Residents who purchase an annual membership to the BRC do not need an additional Resident identification card; these benefits are granted with your annual membership card as well.
- Children 4 and under must be accompanied and supervised at all times by a parent or adult guardian while utilizing the Recreation Center.
- Children under 12 must be accompanied and supervised by a person 16 years old or older when utilizing the Recreation Center; additional supervision requirements apply in the indoor pool. Please see that page for more information.
- Non-residents may use the center by purchasing a membership, value card, or paying the appropriate daily admission fee. Please see information below on the non-resident ID card.
- All persons entering the recreation center and indoor pool area must pay admission, including those supervising children.
- All recreation program participants, spectators of department sponsored events, support staff for persons with disabilities, Aging Ahead (formerly Mid-East Area Agency on Aging) participants, and facility renters along with their invited guests may enter the center free of charge. However, these individuals are restricted to the area of the building associated with their attendance.
Codes of Conduct
The City of Bridgeton reserves the right to revoke participation privileges without refund for anyone not complying with, but not limited to, the following rules of conduct.
- Be under the influence of drugs or alcohol
- Endanger the safety of others
- Engage in any fighting
- Misuse or abuse the equipment or facility
- Smoking in the community center
- Use profanity in any verbal or gesture form
Non-Resident Identification (ID) Card Policy
Effective February 2, 2018, all patrons ages 4 and up are required to purchase an ID card to access the premium areas of the Bridgeton Recreation Center (gymnasium, pool, fitness center) for a daily admission visit. The BRC ID card must be presented at each visit and renewed annually.
To obtain the BRC ID card, those 18 years of age and older must show a current, valid driver's license or state-issued ID card with the individual's name, photo, and current address. Those 16 years of age and older that possess the aforementioned ID may purchase their own ID card; those who do not have an ID in their name, or those under 16 must be accompanied by a parent with the required identification to purchase the card.
Cost of Card
The cost of the BRC ID card is $10. The non-resident admission fee will be waived on the date of the card purchase. On subsequent visits, the patron will be charged the regular non-resident admission fee. The cost for a lost/replacement card is $10.
|Kind of Member||Daily Admission||10 Visit Card||20 Visit Card|