Form of Government
The City of Bridgeton by Charter is a "Strong Mayor" form of Municipal government. Under this form of government, the Mayor is the Chief Executive Officer of the City. As such, the registered voters of the City of Bridgeton elect the Mayor to office to a four-year term.
The Mayor appoints a City Administrator, who has duties assigned by the Charter. The Administrator is the Chief Finance Officer and the Director of Personnel for the City. The Administrator is the staff assistant to the Mayor.
City Administrator Duties
The duties of the Administrator include:
- Assist the Mayor with the preparation and administration of the Annual City Budget
- Carry out risk management assessment
- Conduct pay plan administration and keep personnel records
- Develop and maintain personnel rules
- Interact with the City Council by developing and recommending administrative policy
- Oversee administration of employee:
The Administrator interacts with all Departments of City services on a daily basis and is a liaison with the Mayor and the executive staff. The Administrator oversees the daily operation of the City.
The Administrator is a member of the Personnel Commission and the Finance Commission and meets with these boards on a regular basis.