REGULAR COUNCIL MEETING
BRIDGETON CITY HALL
12355 NATURAL BRIDGE ROAD
MAY 20, 2015
A. CALL TO ORDER
B. PLEDGE OF ALLEGIANCE
C. ROLL CALL
D. AGENDA APPROVAL
E. PUBLIC PORTION
F. APPROVAL OF MINUTES–May 6, 2015
1. Announcement in Event of Absence
K. EMERGENCY LEGISLATION/CONTRACTS/BIDS/LICENSES/ETC.
2. Full Liquor and Sunday License—Airport Plaza Inn; 4530 North Lindbergh Boulevard; Jigar Patel, Managing Officer; Final Consideration
3. Full Liquor License-Friends Bar and Grill, LLC; 12207 Natural Bridge Road; Hanan Rabin Hamer, Managing Officer; First Consideration
L. PERFECTION OF BILLS
4. *Bill No. 6043 Amending Chapter 121 of the Bridgeton Code of Ordinances relating to the Sewer Lateral Fee and Repair Program
5. *Bill No. 6044 Increasing Service Occupation Tax upon the occupations of operating hotels and motels from $0.85 per room, per day the room is rented or occupied to $3.00 per room, per day the room is rented or occupied
6. *Bill No. 6045 Amending and restating Section 600.195 of the Bridgeton Code of Ordinances regarding intoxicating Liquor Tasting license.
7. St. Louis Hotel
9. A closed session may be held to discuss matters relating to (i) legal actions, litigation or confidential or privileged communications with counsel pursuant to Section 610.021 (1) R.S.MO; (ii)leasing, purchase or sale of real estate by a public governmental body where the public knowledge of the transaction might adversely affect the legal consideration therefore pursuant to Section 610.021(2) R.S.MO; (iii) hiring, firing, disciplining or promoting of particular employees when personal information about the employee is discussed or recorded pursuant to Section 610.021(3) R.S.MO; and/or (iv) documents related to a negotiated contract pursuant to Section 610.012(12) R.S.MO.
O. Attorney’s Report
P. Council Communications
Q. Mayor’s Report
Terry W. Briggs, Mayor
Carole A. Stahlhut, City Clerk
PUBLIC HEARINGS – JUNE 3, 2015
1) Special Use Permit to allow “Garages, public, for storage of private passenger automobiles and commercial vehicles under one and one-half (1-1/2) ton capacity” to be located outdoors at 13135 Prouhet Farm Road, as provided in the Bridgeton Zoning Ordinance under Section 410.140.B.2(p) of the “M-1” Manufacturing District, Limited. Petitioner: John O’Neil for Tork Limited, LLC
2) A city-initiated request to amend multiple sections of the Bridgeton Zoning Ordinance to modify definitions and regulations related to medical clinics, temporary shelters, hygiene centers, thrift/consignment stores (as defined in the City Code), food pantries/shelves, food banks and similar or related commercial health care and social assistance uses.