To apply for a Residential Rental Inspection and Occupancy Permit the building owner must fill out an application, which can be obtained at the Information Desk at City Hall or by clicking here.
The City of Bridgeton requires a copy of the building owner and the tenant’s photo I.D. prior to approval. Please make sure you have a clear copy of both when applying.
NOTE: THE CITY OF BRIDGETON DOES NOT ISSUE AN OCCUPANCY CERTIFICATE.
Applications shall be turned into the Information Desk at City Hall.
Please click here for an informational brochure regarding Rental Occupancy Permits and Inspections.
INSPECTION FEES AND INFORMATION:
Inspection Fee for Single Family Dwelling: $40.00
Inspection Fee for Two-Family Dwelling: $25.00 (per unit)
Inspection Fee for Multi-Family Dwelling: $25.00 (per unit)
The above list of fees includes one (1) re-inspection. Additional inspections will be $28.00 each.
• All Inspections are performed to the standards of the International Property Maintenance Code.
• The inspection performed is a visual inspection of the premises and common areas.
• A typical inspection will take approximately 30-45 minutes.
• The building owner is encouraged to accompany the inspector during the inspection.
• Your inspector will be happy to answer all questions during the inspection.